Thermal, Calif. – Oct. 6, 2021 – With the closing date of Oct. 8 rapidly approaching, Desert International Horse Park (DIHP) reminds dressage competitors to submit their entries for the fan-favorite Spooktacular National Dressage Show as well as the Desert Dressage I CDI-W. Taking place Oct. 21-24, Desert Dressage I is the first of three recognized dressage competitions held at the recently renovated facility this season.
Featuring CDI3* / CDI2* competition, the highlight classes will include an FEI World Cup Qualifier™ and Official Qualifying Competitions for the 2022 FEI North American Youth Championships, 2022 USEF Pony Rider Dressage National Championships; 2022 Children Dressage National Championships, 2022 USEF Junior & Young Rider Dressage National Championships, 2022 USEF Young Adult ‘Brentina Cup’ Dressage National Championships, and the Great American/USDF Regional Championships.
In addition to the competition, popular highlights for the week of the Desert Dressage I include:
• Best Decorated Halloween Barn Tent Competition sponsored by Alice Knox. In addition to taking home a prize, winners with the best decorated tent get their photo taken and name placed on the Perpetual Trophy. Judged on Saturday, Oct. 23 during the day.
• Sara Eigner Memorial Perpetual Trophy sponsored by Friends of Lisa is awarded to the highest scoring adult amateur competing at Second Level, competing on Friday and/or Saturday, and awarded on Saturday, Oct. 23 at the end of the day.
• Costume Freestyle Exhibition Class sponsored by The Putnam Family will be held Saturday, Oct. 23 at the end of the day. Ribbons and prize money will be awarded to third place as a combined class TOC Freestyle, Pas de Deux or Quadrille. $250/$175/$75 awarded for 1st through 3rd place. The class also includes a special award for the best overall costume!
• Join the fun for the BOO BASH, a complimentary exhibitor party with a DJ and dancing, on Saturday night in the VIP pavilion area after the musical freestyles. Light hors d’oeuvres and beer and wine will be served.
• Best Team Themed Costume Competition sponsored by Caldwell Dressage. Each trainer and/or barn are invited to design their own themed costume as a group. Judging takes place at the BOO BASH. Winners earn a group prize, the coveted silver cup trophy and bragging rights for the year! There will also be a prize for the Best Overall Single Costume.