Sam Walker Speeds to the Win in the High Junior/Amateur Owner Speed Class
Walker, a Canadian junior rider from Ontario, completed the speed course on the 16-year-old bay gelding who is owned by Missy Clark of North Run Farm. Walker and Twan have been competing together since March and had multiple top place finishes in the Junior Jumper and 1.30m divisions at the Winter Equestrian Festival.
No stranger to the show ring, Walker was raised on his families Forest Hill Farm and began riding at the age of four. Once his parents placed him on top of a horse, he has never looked back and has excelled at hunter, equation and jumpers.
FEI Jumper competition continues tomorrow at the Kentucky Spring Horse Show with the $130,000 Hollow Creek Farm Grand Prix at 6:30pm in the Rolex Arena.
1. Twan / Sam Walker / Missy Clark
2. Wisconsin III / Addison Gierkink / Kadley Holdings LLC
3. Arbitrage / Noel Fauntleroy / Noel Fauntleroy
4. Mae / Noel Fauntleroy / Noel Fauntleroy
5. Cantero Da Lagoa / Anna Beth Athey / Anna Beth Athey
6. USA Today / Spencer Brittan / Spencer Brittan
7. Unex Captain Chaos 8 / Alma Bjorklund / Alma Bjorklund
8. Bente / Briley Koerner / BKS Horse Farms, LLC
9. Cardenfe / Abbey Soffer / Abbey Soffer
10. Chellana B / Viggo Bjorklund / Viggo Bjorklund
11. Armani / Helen Graves / Deerfield Farm LLC
12. Lisanto 2 / Briley Koerner / BKS Horse Farms, LLC
Sara Santisi Scores Ariat National Adult Medal Win
FROM THE WINNER’S CIRCLE
On the First Round
“Jackson likes his left lead better and there was a right lead bending line so I really had to set him up around the corner and make sure he landed right so we could bend to the oxer. Then from there we had the outside line and he is short strided because he is a small horse, so we had to push. Then we picked up the left lead to the two stride. He was really great throughout, nothing too complicated there and the last two singles he rode very well.”
“He’s a big teddy bear and he loves to cuddle. One of his favorite tricks is to eat pineapple off a fork. One day I was eating pineapple and he wanted a piece so I gave it to him and he loves it.”