Shawn Casady and Valinski S Win $30,000 SmartPak Open Prix
Shawn Casady and Olympic veteran, Valinski S, won the $30,000 SmartPak Open Prix on Friday of Week III with a double-clear performance out of an original starting field of 62 competitors.
“Valinkski S is naturally fast so I knew that I just had to neaten it up,” said Casady on their jump-off. “I needed to be quick and smooth without getting too greedy on course.”
The pair also took home a sixth place finish in Sunday’s $70,000 Purina Animal Nutrition Grand Prix. Looking ahead, Casady and Valinski S will compete to qualify for the $100,000 Longines FEI World Cup™ Jumping Thermal CSI3*-W on Saturday, Feb. 10, during Week IV.
Week I Highlights
- Playboy Blue VH Z, an 8-year-old Warmblood gelding, jumped clear to place second in the $15,000 1.40m Kindredbio Jumper class.
- Wyndmont grand prix veterans Valinski S and Zephyr consistently produced top 10 placings in the $70,000 Back on Track Grand Prix and $30,000 SmartPak Open Prix.
Week II Highlights
- The 9-year-old Warmblood mare, Evelien, placed second out of 110 entries in the 1.30m ALU Jumpers, while the 6-year-old Selle Français gelding, Amai du Bourgeonet, placed sixth in the class.
- Interline H, a 15-year-old Warmblood gelding, finished second in the 1.40m Horseflight Jumpers.
- Playboy Blue VH Z took home another red ribbon in the $5,000 Johnson Horse Transportation 1.35m Open Welcome class.
- In the hunter ring, the recently imported 5-year-old Warmblood gelding, Mission Point, and Casady took home blue ribbons over fences in the Green 3′ Hunter division throughout Weeks I and II.
Week III Highlights
- Amai du Bourgeonet placed sixth out of 46 in the $10,000 1.35m Electronic Vet Jumper Classic.
- Favoriet U, an 8-year-old Warmblood gelding, finished fifth out of 41 in the 1.40m Horseflight Jumpers.
With the conclusion of Week III, Casady currently sits in third in the Kindredbio Leading Rider standings with 26 points. As the HITS Coachella Desert Circuit hits the halfway point during Week IV, the team at Wyndmont looks to continue its winning ways and achieve more positive experiences in the show ring with its talented string of young horses.
Wyndmont Inc. consistently produces top quality jumper and hunter horses, while offering superior training for professional and amateur athletes. Throughout the year, Ronnie Beard and Michael Dorman travel with their world-class string of horses and clients to compete at many of the nation’s most prestigious horse shows, demonstrating their passion and commitment to helping their students and horses succeed. For more information about Wyndmont, how to become a client or its sale horses, please visit www.wyndmont.com.