Lexington, KY – March 31, 2021 – The premier horse show management company, Kentucky Horse Shows LLC, is proud to partner with Shawn McMillen Photography as our official show photographer. Photos may be viewed online and while on-site at the official photographer trailer located on Vendor Row.
Kentucky Horse Shows, LLC requires that all freelance photographers who wish to shoot client photography on-site for any of the Spring or Summer shows fill out an application form. This is REQUIRED for anyone intending to sell or distribute photos to any competitor, vendor or sponsor.
Rates and regulations for private, freelance photography during the 2021 Kentucky Horse Shows season are as follows:
- Individual weekly passes: $700 per photographer
- $250 for second shooter for the same business
- Spring/Summer Pass can be purchased for $3,500 per photographer
- Second shooter (and thereafter) of the same business is $1,200 per photographer for all six weeks (Kentucky Spring Horse Show, Kentucky Spring Classic, Kentucky Summer Horse Show, Kentucky Summer Classic, Bluegrass Festival and the KHJA Horse Show).
- Private/freelance photographers are required to submit a client list two weeks prior to the start date of the show in which they are shooting.
- The Official Photographer has positioning priorities outside of the arenas; Freelance photographers are not allowed inside of the arenas except for award presentations if their client is in the awards.
Requests for photos for media use may be directed to Phelps Media Group at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on Kentucky Horse Shows LLC, please visit www.kentuckyhorseshows.com.