Thermal, Cali. – August 12, 2021 – The prize list for the 2021 National Sunshine Series (NSS) is available now! Set to take place November 3-14, NSS will be the first of three major competition series for the fall and winter of horse showing in the desert! Featuring Premier Hunter Rated classes, USEF Jumper Level 6* classes, and FEI CSI 3* competition, NSS will showcase the vast facility improvements that have been made over the summer months and help exhibitors get ready for the highly anticipated Desert Holiday Series and 2022 Desert Circuit.
The NSS will be the showcase for the many significant improvements that have been made over the summer by the DIHP team. These improvements are based largely on feedback from exhibitors and also on efforts to improve the quality of equestrian sport on the West Coast and in the United States as a whole. Some of these improvements include:
• A New Grand Prix Arena with a new ebb and flow watering system, the installation of OTTO mats
• The addition of extra rings and widened bridle paths for a stress-free training experience
• A new FEI stabling area that features 12×12 stalls and expanded aisleways
• An improved VIP experience with upgraded hospitality and amenities
• Redesigned Grand Equitation Ring
• A new grass competition field
• New footing in Hunter rings 2-3 and Jumper rings 1 and 3
• Expanded parking
The entry and stall reservations open on September 1, 2021. Stall reservations are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Be sure to reserve your VIP table now to enjoy watching three exciting weeks of show jumping and hunter competition.
2021 National Sunshine Series Competition Highlights:
• USHJA International Derby Regional Championships with $65,000 in prize money.
• FEI 3* Show Jumping featuring two $100,000 Grand Prix classes, including FEI CSI3* $101k during NSS I
• PCHA 2’9” Medal Finals
• 2’6”/2’9” Child/Adult Hunter Derby and a 2’/2’3” Hunter Derby
• NCEA Jr Medal Finals featured in the Grand Prix arena
• USHJA Hunter Team Championships
• Silver Oak Jumper Tour Kevin Babington 1.20m
With nearly 1.6 million square feet and 14-competition and riding arena’s, the Desert International Horse Park is one of the largest equestrian facilities in North America. Offering 18-weeks of world-class competition from October through April, the facility is a destination location for thousands of equestrians, their horses, family, and friends for several months annually. Competitors from all over the world travel to Thermal, CA to not only compete but to enjoy everything the desert has to offer.